|Personal Web :
PhD in Media Arts. Bournemouth University, The Media School, United Kingdom, 2016.
MFA in Computer Arts - Animation. SCAD/Savannah College of Arts and Design, Georgia, United States of America, 2001.
BA in Graphic Design - Art Direction. Limkokwing University of Creative Technology, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, 1998.
|Work Experience :
2002 - Current / Faculty member at Sabancı University Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences - Visual Arts and Visual Communication Design. Courses: Digital Modeling, Computer Animation, Digital Video, Motion Graphics and Arts.
2001 - 2002 / Digital Art Artist at EA Games and 3DO.
1999 - 2001 / Teaching Assistant and Computer Arts Assistant at Savannah College of Arts and Design, Georgia, USA. (Computer Arts department)
1995 - Current / Professional Photographer and Writer at Photo Creator Magazine Publication. Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
|Areas of Interest :
||3D Animation, Motion Graphics, Digital Art and Design: Fictional, conceptual narratives and storytelling; Photography, Video and Cinematography: Borderland, climate change, human and nature interrelationship.
- “Vanishing White” Video, 3rd Prize. “HOPE” 8th Season International Photography Award, 2018-2019. - The Hamdan bin Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum International Photography Award, United Arab Emirates. 2019
- Sabancı University Teaching Award - 2nd Prize (Graduate/Senior classes) 2017-2018. - Sabanci University, Turkey 2019
- 1st Prize ("LOOP" - Animation Category) 18th Kisa-Ca Film Festival. - Selçuk University, Turkey. 2018
- 3 Honorable Mentions. Climate Change: “Limited Geen”, “Resources” and “No Fly Zone”. - International Photography Award (IPA). 2017
- 3rd Prize Winner. Video: "Realm of Forms". - Nikon Japan 2017
- Grand Prize. “Arrow” - New York Center for Photographic Art, Manhattan, USA. 2017
- Finalist. “The Red Sanctuary” series - Siena International Photo Awards, Italy. 2016
- Finalist. “The Red Sanctuary” series - International Voies Off Award, Arles, France. 2016
- Royal Reel Winner. “Ctrl+S” - International Animation Category - Canada International Film Festival, Vancouver, Canada. 2016
- Winner of Best Animated Short Film. “AlieNation” - Social Machinery Film Festival, Mantua, Italy. 2016
- Winner of Best Animated Short Film. “AlieNation” - International Euro Film Festival, Spain. 2016
- 2nd Prize. “Realm of Forms” - Video/Moving Image - Head On International Photo Festival, Sydney, Australia. 2015
- 3rd Prize. “Passing Moment”, Portrait and People category - The Florida Museum of Photographic Arts, Florida, USA. 2015
- Honorable Mention. “Distant Neighbours”, Night Life category - Life Framer Photography, United Kingdom. 2015
- Honorable Mention. “Way Home”, Landscape category - International Monochrome Photography Awards. 2015
- The Aloha Accolade Award. “Jobwatch” Animation - Honolulu Film Awards, Hawaii. 2015
- The Denali Award. “Jobwatch” Animation - Alaska International Film Award, USA. 2015
- The Gold Lion Award. “Jobwatch” Animation - Barcelona International Film Festival, Spain. 2015
- The Van Gogh Award. “Jobwatch” Animation, Special Jury Prize - Amsterdam International Film Festival, Netherlands. 2015
- Two Honorable Mentions. "Arrow" - People and "Silence" Nature category - 10th Annual International Black and White Spider Award, USA. 2015
- All Faculties, 1st Prize - Teaching Award. Graduating/Senior classes - Sabancı University, Istanbul, Turkey. 2014
- Best Animated Comedy Award. “Jobwatch” Animation - International Epic Animation Game Festival, California, USA. 2014
- Four Honorable Mentions. "Tunnel" - Architecture/Interiors category, "On The Road" - Fine Art/Abstract category, "Kasada Offering" - People/Culture category. "V-Diary" - Fine Art/Collage category - Moscow International Foto Awards, Russia. 2014
- Honorable Mention. Silhouette - Passing Moment - 9th Annual International Black and White Spider Award, USA. 2014
- 1st Prize, "A Reverse Of Time", Video Category - Global Nikon Award 2012-2013. 2013
- Finalist, "After Lunch", Portrait Gallery - Kuala Lumpur International Photo Awards, Malaysia. 2013
- Finalist, "Survival Culture", Single Image Category - Renaissance Photography Prize, United Kingdom. 2013
- Finalist, Open Category - Kuala Lumpur International Photo Awards, Malaysia. 2012
- Gold Medal - Best Photographer of The Show, "In and out of the mist" series - The Chinese Phoenix International Photography Biennial, China Photographers Association, China. 2012
- Honorable Mention, "The Jokers Are Everywhere" - The Lumen Prize: International Digital Art Awards, United Kingdom. 2012
- Six Bronze Medals - The EPSON International Photographic Pano Awards, Australia. 2012
- Silver Medal, Professional category - "In and Out of The Mist" - PX3, France. 2011
- 1st Prize - PX3 Peoples Choice Awards. Architecture category, "Arena" - PX3, France. 2010
- International Black and White Spider Award (Honorable mention) - International Black and White Spider Award, USA. 2010
- International Photography Award, Deeper Perspective, Landscape and Building category (Honorable mention) - Lucie Foundation. 2010
- Teaching Award - Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences - Sabanci University, Istanbul, Turkey. 2010
- 1st Prize - PX3 Peoples Choice Awards. Performing Arts catgeory, “Cultural Dances” - PX3, France. 2009
- 2nd Prize, Landscape and cityscape category. Architectural Maze (Conflux - A Massive Union) - The Worldwide Photography Gala Awards, United Kingdom. 2009
- Color Master Cup 2009, 3rd place - Architecture (Honor of Distinction) - World Photographic Arts Corporation Ltd, USA. 2009
- Honorable mention - The Worldwide Photography Gala Awards, United Kingdom. 2009
- International Photography Award, 3rd place - Architecture category - Building - Pilsner Urquell - International Photography Awards, USA. 2008
- Honorable Mention - Pilsner Urquell - International Photography Awards, USA. 2007
- 35th Creativity Annual Award - International.Landographix website - Award of Distinction.Publish in 35th Creativity Annual Book. (Collaboration with Didem Wong) - International Creativity Annual, USA. 2006
- All Faculties, 3rd Prize - Teaching Award. Graduating/Senior classes - Sabancı University, Istanbul, Turkey. 2006
- International Photography Awards 2006 Professional Photographer of the Year: Nature Category. Landscapes: 2nd place - "Realm of Endless Stretch". Seasons: 2nd Place - "Spring breeze". Plus, 10 Honorable Mentions - International Photography Awards, USA. 2006
- 2nd Metro Kisa Short Film Competition - 3rd Prize winner - Metro Group Turkiye & TURSAK VAKFI, Turkey. 2005
- HOW Annual International Design Competition - F&W Publications, Cincinnati, USA. 2005
- Ottawa International Animation Festival - "Blooming Tin" (Special screening) - Nelvana, Telefilm Canada & National Film Board of Canada. 2004
- Treasure of Istanbul (2 Honorable mention) - Fujifilm and Ministry of Culture, Turkey. 2003
- Annual California SUN International Animation Festival. - "Mind Addiction" (Award Winner of Best Visual Effects) - California SUN International Animation Festival, USA. 2002
- Annual Los Angeles International Short Film Festival - "Mind Addiction" (Nominee) - Los Angeles International Short Film Festival, USA. 2002
- Annual San Diego Asian Film Festival - "Mind Addiction" (Nominee) - San Diego Asian Film Festival, USA. 2002
- 1st Prize, CMYK Magazine (Issue.No15) - CMYK Design Magazine, USA. 2001
- Nikon Professional Photographer Forum Annual Competition (Honorable mention) - NIKON, USA. 2001
- Durango Film Festival - "Cigarette Tree" (Nominee) - Durango Film Festival, Colorado, USA. 2000
- Savannah International Film And Video Festival - "Cigarette Tree" (Nominee) - Savannah International Film And Video Festival, Georgia, USA. 2000
- 1st Prize, SCAD Far From Home Poster Design - Savannah College of Art and Design, USA. 1999
- 1st Prize, SCAD International Students Festival Poster Design - Savannah College of Art and Design, USA. 1999
- International Photo Library Award (Gold medal) - International Photo Library Chicago, USA. 1999
- 1st Prize, Canon Annual Photography Award (Sport/Action) - CANON, Malaysia. 1998
- 1st Prize, Fujifilm Annual Photography Award - FUJIFILM, Malaysia. 1998
|Wong, Yoong Wah Alex (2019) "In and out of the mist: an artistic investigation of borderland and community", Athens Journal of Mass Media and Communications, Vol.5, No.3, 213-232 (NA)|
|Wong, Yoong Wah Alex, "Mindscapes: photographic encounters, Liew, Samantha (ed.), Singapore: 2902 Gallery, June 2012|
|Wong, Yoong Wah Alex, In and out of the mist, Shine, Cathryn (ed.), Christchurh, New Zealand: University of Canterbury, June 2011|
|Wong, Yoong Wah Alex, Landographix: harmonious elements of photography, Ling, Hew Pit (ed.), Malaysia: Photo Creator Publication, March 2004|
|Book Section / Chapter|
|Wong, Yoong Wah Alex, "KLPA - Kuala Lumpur International Photography Awards", KLPA, Steven, Lee (ed.), Malaysia: explorenatişon.net, August 2012, 93-95|
|Wong, Yoong Wah Alex, "An eye for an ear", Photography Open Salon Arles 2012, Karas, Vanja (ed.), United Kingdom: Ubyu, July 2012, 81-81|
|Papers in Conference Proceedings|
|Wong, Yoong Wah Alex, "2D to 3D non photo realistic character transformation and morphing (computer animation)", Papanikos, Gregory T. (ed.), 1st Annual International Conference on Fine and Performing Arts, Athens, Greece: Athens Institute for Education and Research, August 2010, 181-181|
SU Öncesi Yayınları:
2004: Solo: "Landographix: Harmonious Elements Of Photography", Hew Pit Ling (ed.), Malaysia: Photo Creator Publication, March 2004. ISBN: 983-2968-00-3, 180 Pages.
2006: "Landographix website", Creativity 35, David E. Carter (ed.), New York: HarperCollins Publication, August 2006.
2010: Group: When The Jokers Are Everywhere: Tokyo Metropolitan Museum of Photography, Issue No.9, pg 48-49.
2011: Solo: "In and Out of The Mist", University of Canterbury Publication, New Zealand, June 2011.
2012: Group: "KLPA - Kuala Lumpur International Photography Awards", KLPA, Malaysia: explorenatison.net, August 2012, pg 93-95.
2012: Group: "An eye for an ear", Photography Open salon Arles 2012, United Kingdom: Ubyu, July 2012, pg81-81.
2012: Group: "155th International Print Exhibition", The Royal Photographic Society Catalogue, United Kindgom. ISBN: 978-0-904495-03-4, July 2012, pg 26-26.
2012: Solo: Mindscapes: Photographic Encounters: 2902 Gallery, Singapore. June. ISBN: 978-981-07-2299-9, 204 Pages.
2013: Group: "Renaissance Photography Prize 2013", United Kingdom. The Wapping Project Bankside. September 2013, pg 60-61.
2016: Group: "159th International Print Exhibition", The Royal Photographic Society Catalogue, ISBN: 978-0-904495-13-3.100 Pages. United Kindgom. pg 30.
2016: Group: 40th Anniversary of World Alliance Artists Society Catalogue and Collection. ISBN:978-986-82485-5-7. 200 Pages. “In and Out of the Mist”, pp 43-44. Hualien Art Society Association, Taiwan.
2016: Group: Life Framer, Edition II Annual. United Kingdom. 62 Pages. “Between Neighbours”, pp 45-46.
2018: Group: PORTRAITS – Hellerau Photography Award. “Jihad Girl – After Lunch”. ISBN: 978-3-9817866-3-7. 120 Pages, pp 70-71. Germany.
2018: Group: Kolga Tbilisi Photo. “Arrow”, “Ice Canvas” and “Resources”. ISBN: 978-9941-27-916-4. 352 Pages. pp 112-113. Georgia.
2019: The Hamdan bin Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum International Photography Award International Annual Book. HOPE 8th Season, “Vanishing White”, page 83. ISBN 9-789948-389118. 253 pages.
2019: In and Out of the Mist: An Artistic Investigation of Borderland and Community. 20 pages. Athens Journal of Mass Media and Communications (AJMMC). e-ISSN: 2407-9499. Volume 5, Issue 3, Pages 213-232, July, 2019. DOI: 10.30958/ajmmc/v5i3 https://www.athensjournals.gr/media/2019-5-3-4-Wong.pdf